CATS are great companions all over the world.
International Cat Day is an annual celebration for these cat lovers.
The holiday was launched in 2002 by the International Fund for Animal WelfarePhoto credit: Getty
When is International Cat Day 2021?
International Cat Day takes place on August 8th every year.
This means that International Cat Day is Sunday, August 8th, 2021.
The holiday was launched in 2002 by the International Animal Welfare Fund.
It started as a day to raise awareness about cats and learn different ways to help and protect them.
International Cat Care is the custodian of International Cat Day, which, according to icatcare.org, works to “improve the welfare of cats by bringing together and promoting evidence-based research on the physical and mental wellbeing of cats.”
Cat Day is February 22nd in Japan, October 29th is National Cat Day in the United States, and March 1st is in Russia.
How is International Cat Day celebrated?
International Cat Day is a great opportunity to connect with cats, according to Tractive.
- Adopt a cat from a local animal shelter or rescue service
- Volunteer in a cat shelter
- Treat your cats to baked tuna biscuits
- Get your cat a GPS tracking device to keep them safe
- Invest in a new fun cat toy
- Get your cat to climb through some fun exercises like wall shelves
- Give your cat a nice brush to help remove hairballs and excess fur
- Get your cat a collar and a tag with your name and number in case it is lost one day
- Have fun with the photo shoot with your cat
- Have an International Cat Day party and invite all of your friends and their cats!
Cats are the most popular pet in the worldPhoto credit: Getty
Why do we celebrate National Cat Day?
The most popular pet in the world, cats are found in many households around the world.
According to Tractive, a cat can improve mental health by providing emotional support to people with depression, anxiety, and loneliness.
It’s a great opportunity to take some time to connect with your feline friend and enjoy the special bond.
If you are a cat fanatic, you might just want to celebrate your love for cats and work for their welfare and safety.
The point of sale says cats have been human companions for at least 9,500 years.