Veterinarian warns dog owners about leftover Christmas pet dinner

Vets warn against feeding puppies salted and fattened Christmas scraps.

More than a third of the puppies devour leftovers from our party craze and 47% are allowed to take leftovers with them.

But the TV vet Dr. Marc Abraham warned owners, “Traditional party foods like pies, raisins, turkey stuffing, and Christmas pudding can make your pet seriously ill.

“Or worse, they can prove fatal. Homeowners need to be vigilant throughout the holiday season, especially since pets can easily sniff out gifts that contain dangerous foods like chocolate.

He warned that no one wanted a visit to the ambulance to spoil the Christmas and New Years fun.

Traditional festive meals can make dogs seriously ill

Continue reading
Continue reading

Dr. Marc added, “If you think your pet has swallowed something that it shouldn’t have, please call your vet right away, no matter what time of day or night.

“It is also important to politely ask all visitors, including children, not to feed your pets.
at all.

“Extra food, such as leftover food or treats, given to your pet by another person can increase your risk of painful pancreatitis, vomiting, and diarrhea. “

Giving leftovers to dogs can increase the risk of painful pancreatitis, vomiting, and diarrhea

Continue reading

The news comes after a couple warned not to leave cake after their ugly Labrador spent Christmas with an ambulance after eating five.

Paul, 49, and Debbie Walker, 47, left home to buy tin foil for their turkey when dog Archie devoured popular festive snacks from the kitchen counter.

But raisins and currants are very poisonous to dogs, and even a handful can cause life-threatening poisoning and organ failure.

Join our brand new TeamDogs partner website today!

Here you can share a photo of your dog on our Top Dogs feed and share your dog tips.

Stay up to date with the latest news from The TBEN by signing up for one of our free newsletters here.

Emergency Vet for Vets Now Dave Hollinshead said, “Our vets and vets treated dozens of dogs last year who ate chopped cakes for Santa and we expect this to happen. be similar this year.

“It is therefore important to point out that the raisins in cakes can be poisonous for dogs.

“If your dog gets his hands on a chopped cake, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, or anything else that contains raisins and grapes, don’t hesitate to have a veterinarian examine it. “

Continue reading
Continue reading


Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.