ST. CHARLES, Mon., October 27, 2020 / PRNewswire / – Approximately 50 percent of cats who experience a feline lower urinary tract disease (FLUTD) episode will recur1. Royal Canin USA, a global leader in cat nutrition, now offers Royal Canin Hematuria Detection, a Blücare technology, an innovative home solution that enables early detection of blood in cat urine. The Cat Non-Invasive Urine Test helps cat owners monitor urinary health from the comfort of their home.
Hematuria, or blood in the urine, is an indicator of FLUTD, including urinary tract infections and idiopathic cystitis in cats. Early detection and diagnosis of hematuria is critical to achieving better health outcomes for cats and helping them lead better lives.
“Cats are very good at masking, which means that many cats have little to no clinical symptoms in the early stages of disease,” said Dr. Brent Mayabb, Global Chief Medical Officer for Royal Canin. “Our goal is to create a comfortable experience that is less stressful for both cats and cat owners. Hematuria detection, a technology from Blücare, enables veterinarians and their customers to work together to manage and for the health of the pet Peace of mind to take care of the owner. “
Royal Canin Hematuria Detection, a technology from Blücare, is an easy-to-use product and contains white granules that can be evenly spread over clean cat litter. Features and benefits include:
- NON-INTERRUPTING: The non-invasive at-home test reduces stress for cats because the test is conveniently performed in the cat’s environment.
- RELIABLE: Allows detection of microhematuria, which is blood invisible to the naked eye.
- SIMPLE AND FAST 2: The granulate can be easily distributed into existing, clean waste and achieves clear results within a few seconds. The results remain visible for 48 hours.
In just three easy steps, cat owners can start monitoring their cat’s urinary health:
- SPREAD: Spread the granules evenly over clean waste and wait for the cat to urinate.
- INSPECT: After the cat urinates, inspect the litter box. If the granules are white or yellow, the test is negative. If the granules are blue, the test is positive as it shows the presence of blood in the cat’s urine.
- ADVICE: If the granules are blue, contact a veterinarian to confirm the results and determine the next steps
Royal Canin Hematuria Detection, technology from Blücare, is now available nationwide through veterinarians. Royal Canin recommends that pet owners always consult their veterinarian for the correct diagnosis. For more product information, visit https://www.royalcanin.com/us/cats/products/hd.
1 Defauw PAM, Van de Maele I, Duchateau L, et al. J Feline Med Surg. 2011; 13: 967- 975.
2 In order to ensure the optimal performance of Royal Canin® Hematuria Detection, a technology from Blücare, the use of clay-based lump litter (bentonite) is recommended.
About Royal Canin USA
Royal Canin USA is the leader in science-based nutrition for cats and dogs. Royal Canin was founded in 1968 by a veterinarian and has over 50 years of experience in providing customized nutritional solutions. In collaboration with a team of experts made up of nutritionists, breeders and veterinarians from around the world, Royal Canin puts cats and dogs at the center of the innovation process. The Royal Canin line of products offers a range of diets based on size, age, race, lifestyle and therapeutic needs. Royal Canin diets are available at veterinary clinics and pet stores nationwide. Royal Canin is a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated. To learn more about Royal Canin, visit www.royalcanin.com and “LIKE” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/royalcanin.us.
About Blücare Laboratories
Blücare is a privately held Canadian company based in Boucherville, Quebec, Canada. Chaired by Stéphane Chevigny, Blücare Laboratories is a leader in developing non-invasive home screening tests for serious diseases in cats and dogs. To learn more about Blücare Laboratories, please visit www.blucarelab.com.
SOURCE Royal Canin