Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Americans are slowly but surely returning to the office, and while there are more than a few downsides, the fact that we have to leave our beloved pets at home alone is top of the list. Unless you work for a company that lets you take Fido away.
Rover, also known as the world’s largest pet care marketplace, released a new report that identifies the most dog-friendly companies in 2021. After all, 64% of employees themselves believe that companies with a pet-friendly culture and perks care more about their employees. Some perks include canine cameos on video calls, virtual introductions to new dogs, and even sharing dog supplies with colleagues. Meanwhile, 80% said working with their pups improved mental health and wellbeing.
“There is a growing feeling in American society that dogs are indeed part of our core families – they’re not just pets. The pandemic has only accelerated and exacerbated these feelings, ”said Jovana Teodorovic, Rover’s head of people and culture in a press release. “It’s very clear that pet-friendly benefits aren’t just valued by employees, but actually create a more productive workforce and a more competitive hiring process. While some companies are moving to remote working, many others are moving back to the office or moving to a hybrid workspace plan. More than ever, we expect them to consider where and how pets fit into the equation. “
Here are the most dog-friendly companies you can work for right now in the US:
1.Amazon (Seattle, Washington)
2. Athena Health, LLC (Watertown, Massachusetts)
3. Trupanion (Seattle, Washington)
4. Relatives (New York, New York)
5. PetDesk (San Diego, California)
6. Step Health (San Francisco, California)
7. Petco (San Diego, California)
8. Purina (St. Louis, Missouri)
9. SelfMade (New York, New York)
10th SS&C Advent (San Francisco, California)
11. WeWork (New York, New York)
12. VMware, Inc. (Palo Alto, California)
13. PeopleConnect People Search (San Diego, California)
14. PetSmart (Phoenix, Arizona)
15. Procore Technologies (Carpinteria, California)
16. Zogics (Lenox, Massachusetts)
17. Tripadvisor (Needham, Massachusetts)
18.Noodles & Company (Broomfield, Colorado)
19. FabFitFun (Los Angeles, California)
20. The Farm Dog (New York, New York)
It doesn’t just affect the employees. According to Rover, 95% of US companies mentioned in the report believe these pet-friendly practices have made it easier for employees to be hired. In comparison, 93% said corporate morale increased significantly due to better interaction, engagement and communication.
Megan Schaltegger works for Thrillist.