This is the debut of the SC Patch Daily Newsletter in Myrtle Beach – Your point of contact for daily news and events along the Grand Strand.
My name is Kathy Mandell. I moved to Myrtle Beach from New England in 2018. There is so much to do and see here and so many great people. I have worked as a writer and hat wearer in both the tourism and pet industries for over 30 years. Read this newsletter every day and if you like what you see tell a friend or two!
Today I’m going to give you an update Beach parking lot in Garden City and elsewhere we’ll talk about it the proposed amphitheater, two Happy ending and an update of the reconsideration request for a new branch of Tidelands Hospital.
But first a look at today’s weather:
Another dry and sunny beach day with still no rain in sight: a high of 79 and a low of 60.
Today’s Top 5 News for the Myrtle Beach Area:
- Parking near the pier at Garden City Beach will now be FREE during the day, noisy Dave Priest from WRNN Radio. Officials in North Myrtle Beach The details of a proposed parking ordinance for temporary renters are still being worked out, but the booming rental industry is screeching so a decision has yet to be made. (Johnson City Press)
- Horry County officials This week he gave a thumbs down, he suggested Myrtle Beach Grand Amphitheater that would have been on 75 acres near the intersection of SC905 and SC22. The venue would have had 21,000 seats and attracted notable performing artists. (Post and courier)
- The controversy surrounding the proposed Tidelands Health Carolina Bays Hospital, to be built in Socasteecan lose weight. Officials have made a preliminary application for reallocation, but final approval is still a long way off. Tidelands has applied for an 82 acre parcel to be zoned. The residents have the opportunity to weigh themselves up at the next meeting. (WMBF News)
- A missing 11 year old child Named by officials as Daeryen, believed to be with an undocumented person and allegedly tied to West Virginia, it was reportedly found safe Myrtle Beach Police. (WPDE)
- If you don’t think firefighters really don’t save cats stuck in trees, think again! Yeah folks, it happened right here in Atlantic Beach. The cat is said to have been “in an” excellent “condition Horry County Fire Rescue Officer! (WMBF News)
Today in Myrtle Beach:
- SCWorks hosts a Virtual job fair for hospitality and tourism on-line. (10: 00-2: 00)
- Creative workshop on the beach at the Pawleys Island General Store – Creative workshop led by a live instructor, where driftwood and oyster shells are used to make decorations such as a magnolia from oyster shells, a pineapple from driftwood and much more. Tools and materials included. (10:30 am)
- Elvis Live Tribute Show. See the legendary, born in Myrtle Beach Alex J. Mitchell appear as King of Rock & Roll. at the GTS theater, 1220 Port Dr, Myrtle Beach (7pm to 9pm)
- Tree house! at the Local on the water, 1525 13th Ave N., North Myrtle Beach. It’s TreeHouse’s spring final show, and all of the original band members will be playing. (7 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
Myrtle Beach Patch Notebook:
- Little River Blue Crab Festival a winner! After the cancellation last year due to COVID-19, the decades-old tradition was back last weekend (I was there!) And it was a real winner. (Details here)
- Myrtle Beach Spring Bike Rally was also a success. Despite this annoying lack of petrol, the 2021 Spring Bike rally went smoothly! (Details here)
- Myrtle Beachis expected for a long time 25 mile bike loop opens this coming Saturday May 22nd with a ribbon cutting ceremony. (Details here)
- The 2021 GolfBuddy Veterans Classic starts on Sunday and lasts until May 26th. (Details here)
- New rules for digging holes on the beach! Myrtle Beach City Council has a new set of rules for recreational digging. (Details here)
- Experts claim panic buying led to recent local gas shortages. They also claim if the Colonial pipeline had been out of service longer than it was, it could have been devastating for our area. (Details here)
- Carolina Country Music Fest returns! 10-13 June 2021 in Myrtle Beach Boardwalk on the beach! (Details here)
That’s today’s Myrtle Beach news in a nutshell! Check your inbox tomorrow for more. Until then, enjoy the rest of your day!
About me: The best decision I ever made was to move my three dogs and three cats from New England to Myrtle Beach a few years ago. I like dogs, cats, road trips, photography, writing, vegetarian food, live music, cycling and most of all my daily walks on the beaches in and around Grand Strand.