Actress and cat lover Mayim Bialik, veterinarian and reality TV star Dr. Diarra Blue and kitten rescuers Hannah Shaw (Kitten Lady) have all joined the movement in a new public announcement (PSA) to raise awareness on this important issue and to highlight the need for cats to see their vet regularly.
“Cats are so stoic animals that often you don’t know when they’re hiding an illness or injury, but it’s up to us, the animal owners, to be their lawyers,” said Bialik. Royal Canin’s “Take Your Cat to the Vet” campaign is an important reminder that, like humans, our cats need regular wellness checkups and, for some cats, even more frequent visits. “
Despite the void of preventive vet visits, cat owners have deep bonds with their cats and are curious about ways to better care for their cats. A survey commissioned by Royal Canin this year provides new insights:
- 75% of cat owners said they would not have been quarantined without their pet
- 66% of cat owners have learned or noticed something new about their pet
- 86% would like to take better care of their cats because their cats are taking care of them
- 66% plan to change the way they care for their pet after COVID-19
Visit RoyalCanin.com/CatHealth to learn more about # Cat2Vet and make positive changes in the way we care for cats.
Royal Canin has developed six ways for the cat community to join the # Cat2Vet campaign:
- Watch – Check out a new cat-centric web series: Catology presents Kitten Lady and Friends, which covers everything to do with cats – from behavior to health to nutrition.
- Chat – Be curious about your cat’s health – get a 24/7 free virtual chat with a veterinarian made available to you by Royal Canin and Ask.Vet.
- Shop – Buy your favorite Royal Canin cat food at participating PetSmart locations and receive a free vet visit from Banfield Pet Hospital. *
- Donations – Buy your Royal Canin cat food from Chewy in August to support veterinary care for shelter cats through GreaterGood.org.
- Win – Enter the # Cat2Vet competition to win a prize package that will help you prepare for your cat’s next visit to the vet. Each entry also receives a free sample of the Royal Canin Hematuria Detection from Blücare.
- Learning – Are you ready to learn more about cats and their specific needs? The best way to keep your cat healthy is to learn more about them. Stay curious.
“One of the most important parts of my role as a veterinarian is making sure that I take care of the physical and emotional health of my feline patients,” said Dr. Natalie Marks, Medical Director of Blum Animal Hospital and # Cat2Vet spokesperson. “The # Cat2Vet campaign is providing cat owners with much-needed guidelines and information to remove the stress and fear of visiting the vet, so that cats can benefit from a thorough physical exam, wellness screening and preventative vaccinations.”
Royal Canin is also backed by numerous pet industry organizations who are banding together to support the campaign. Participating organizations include the American Association of Feline Practitioners, the American Veterinary Medical Association, the Banfield Pet Hospital, the Bridge Club, the CATalyst Council, the Cat Fancier’s Association, Chewy, Feliway, Frankie’s Friends, GreaterGood.org, the Human Animal Bond Association and the Human Animal Bond Research Institute, Kinship, Million Cat Challenge, National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America, PetSmart, SleepyPod, International Cat Association, and WINN Feline Foundation.
“The # Cat2Vet campaign will motivate cat owners not only to plan regular veterinary visits, but also to keep themselves informed about cat health and nutrition,” said Dr. Diarra Blue, Co-owner of Cy-Fair Animal Hospital and reality television star. “Royal Canin hopes that happier, healthier cats will bring us one step closer to a better world for pets.”
Become an AdvoCAT for your cat’s health by making a vet appointment today and joining the entertainment with # Cat2Vet-Tag! Curious cat owners interested in learning more about cat health and preparing for your cat’s next veterinary exam can visit RoyalCanin.com/CatHealth.
1 American Pet Products Association’s National Pet Owners Survey 2017-2018
* The voucher is good for an office visit and general physical exam. No purchase required. Fees apply for additional services that the customer requests, including diagnostic tests, medication, treatment, and hospitalization. Cannot be applied to membership fee for a wellness plan or other fees. Does not apply to other offers. One voucher per person for a new pet patient. Valid for dogs and cats at participating US locations. No cash value. Void where prohibited by law.
About Royal Canin USA
Royal Canin USA is the leader in science-based nutrition for cats and dogs. Royal Canin was founded in 1968 by a veterinarian and has over 50 years of experience in providing customized nutritional solutions. In collaboration with a team of experts made up of nutritionists, breeders and veterinarians from around the world, Royal Canin puts cats and dogs at the center of the innovation process. The Royal Canin line of products offers a range of diets based on size, age, race, lifestyle and therapeutic needs. Royal Canin diets are available at veterinary clinics and pet stores nationwide. Royal Canin is a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated. To learn more about Royal Canin, visit www.royalcanin.com and “LIKE” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/royalcanin.us.
SOURCE Royal Canin