There are only a few weeks left in 2019 and it’s time to look back on the most memorable moments of the year.
Veterinary Practice News has compiled a list of the news and reports that have been published in the past 12 months and that have generated the most clicks. A variety of topics were the focus of animal health experts this year, from the debate about raw food and the benefits of low-level laser therapy to research into dilated cardiomyopathy.
Check out those here that you may have missed or revisit a favorite.
- “Court rejects vet’s appeal against cat killing” (June 4)
- “Veterinary Behaviorists Ask About” Scrubbing “” (August 20)
- “Elanco to Acquire Bayer Animal Health Business in a $ 7.6 Billion Deal” (August 20)
- “Couple Claim Clinic Killed Their Cat With Wrong Dose” (January 31)
- “FDA Approves ProHeart 12” (July 8th)
- “Did you eat anything in 2019 ?! X-ray competition winner “(September 30th)
- “Report Reveals Top 10 Heartworm Cities in the US” (February 13)
- “Walmart Introduces Animal Pharmacy and Opens More Clinics in Store” (May 7)
- “Altaire Issues Voluntary Animal Ophthalmic Recall” (August 26)
- “University of California, Davis Ranked # 1 in US Veterinary Faculty” (March 15)
- “Debating Raw Food” by Brennen McKenzie, MA, MSc, VMD, cVMA (January 2nd)
- “Osteosarcoma: Beyond Amputation and Euthanasia” by Phil Zeltzman, DVM, DACVS, CVJ, Fear Free Certified (March 12th)
- “Treat aspiration pneumonia like a boss” by Phil Zeltzman, DVM, DACVS, CVJ, Fear Free Certified (May 13)
- “Laser therapy – indications and contraindications” by Mary Ellen Goldberg, LVT, SRA, CCRVN, CVPP, VTS laboratory animal medicine (research anesthesia), VTS physical rehabilitation (March 27)
- “Are you ready to comply with USP 800?” By Ronak Kadakia (November 14th)
- “Is the ban on ‘artificial’ ingredients based on fear or science? by Brennen McKenzie, MA, MSc, VMD, cVMA (March 1)
- “Research Updates on Nutritional Dilated Cardiomyopathy” by Sarah M. Cavanaugh, DVM, MS, DACVIM (Cardiology) (August 15)
- “Is There a Gold Standard Test for Adverse Food Reactions?” By Brennen McKenzie, MA, MSc, VMD, cVMA (February 14)
- “Canned or Dry Food: Which is Better for Cats?” By Brennen McKenzie, MA, MSc, VMD, cVMA (August 22)
- “Seven Options for Providing Life-Saving Oxygen” by Phil Zeltzman, DVM, DACVS, CVJ, Fear Free Certified (March 28)