Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
SAN DIEGO, October 5, 2021 / PRNewswire-PRWeb / – PetDesk, a leading veterinary retention technology company, is pleased to announce that it is honoring the entire month of October as National Veterinary Technician Month. In celebration of veterinarians across the country, PetDesk hosted a denominational storytelling contest designed to help unite the voices of such an important group of professionals who deserve additional support and recognition for their central role in pet care. PetDesk will also attend a dedicated webinar from industry experts dedicated to empowering veterinarians to reach their full potential while building their confidence and passion for the industry.
“As with all other healthcare professionals, veterinarians work tirelessly to provide the best care to their patients, but often do not receive the same appreciation shared by medical professionals in other industries,” said Taylor Cavanah, CEO of PetDesk. “The veterinary industry is in a workforce crisis and veterinarians are key to alleviating staff burnout while improving the scope and quality of care.”
PetDesk hosted Vet Tech Confessions, its first ever story contest, which gave industry professionals the opportunity to share their best and worst stories to deepen the stories of real employees in real-life situations. This week PetDesk will start reviewing the submitted stories and selecting the five best stories. The evaluation process will then be opened for wider community voting via PetDesk’s social media platforms. The winners will be announced during the PetDesk webinar later this month.
At the end of the month-long celebration, PetDesk is hosting a free webinar on the topic 28th of October with some of the leading veterinarians in the industry. Under the title “Maximize Your Vet Techs: The Industry’s Answer to a Happy Practice”, the panelists will speak from their own experiences and address important issues, such as how best to use their skills in the hospital to not only feel empowered, but theirs Optimize skills. Panelists include:
- David Liss, MBA, CVPM, RVT: Chief Operating Officer at Los Angeles Animal Specialty Emergency and Rehabilitation (LAASER)
- Stephen Cital, RVT, RLAT, SRA, CVPP, VTS-LAM: Laboratory Director at Stanford University, Executive Director of the Academy of Laboratory Veterinary Technicians and Nurses, Chief Operating Officer of Veterinary Anesthesia Nerds, and Co-Founder of the Veterinary Cannabis Academy
- Lisa Rudolph, BAS, RVT, VTS (CP-CF, SAIM): Veterinary Technician Expert Advisor and Instructor at East Coast Veterinary Education, LLC
- Kenichiro Yagi, MS, RVT, VTS (ECC), (SAIM): Chief Veterinary Nursing Officer at Veterinary Emergency Group, NAVTA Immediate Past President
- Paige Allen, MS, RVT or from Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine and Chairman of the Board, NAVC
- Megan L. Brashear, RVT, VTS (ECC) from from Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine
To participate in the free webinar, visit this link to register: https://petdesk.zoom.us/webinar/register/7616294006762/WN_hXi4X2tlQ3yrHWBQa47abg.
PetDesk has been a leader in the veterinary industry since 2013, supporting over 2,700 practices and hospitals with simple but powerful software solutions that streamline front office processes and build better relationships with customers and their pets. With the 5-star rated mobile app and 3 million users, PetDesk is committed to connecting pet owners with their zookeepers to stay updated on the health of their pets so they can live longer, happier and healthier lives. Learn more about PetDesk at http://www.petdesk.com.
PetDesk, PetDesk, 844-738-2778, firstname.lastname@example.org