The first five ingredients of the feed were developed by ORIJEN Petfood’s own senior veterinarian and nutritionist and are fresh or raw poultry and fish ingredients. The authentic WholePrey diet includes the juiciest portions of prey to mimic what a cat’s ancestors consumed in the wild.
“ORIJEN GUARDIAN 8 is a nutritious diet that supports adult cat wellbeing by providing high quality ingredients with eight specific health benefits,” said Dr. Darcia Kostiuk, in-house senior veterinarian at Champion Petfoods. “It is high in protein from animal ingredients that cats need, and the functional benefits are backed by nutrients from the plethora of WholePrey ingredients.”
Over the course of the year, cats have to adapt to a variety of changes, from seasonal allergies to a change in humidity, shifts in work or school hours and more. To support the health of cats regardless of the season, ORIJEN® GUARDIAN 8TM offers the following general health benefits:
- Supports the immune function: with EPA and DHA from wild-caught fish and antioxidants from ingredients such as fruit and vegetables.
- Digestive support: with prebiotics like dried chicory root and fiber from fruits and vegetables.
- Support for a shiny coat and healthy skin: with oils rich in omega-3 from wild salmon, whole mackerel and herrings as well as pollack.
- Muscle maintenance support: with approx. 90% animal ingredients such as chicken, wild salmon and turkey.
- Heart Health Support: With naturally occurring taurine found in animal protein sources such as poultry, fish and eggs.
- Joint Health Support: with oil rich in omega-3 fatty acids from wild-caught fish such as salmon, whole mackerel, and herrings, and pollock, which is important for adult and older cats.
- Support of brain function: with oil-rich DHA & EPA from wild salmon, whole mackerel and herrings as well as saithe and naturally occurring arginine from poultry and fish.
- Eye health support: Supports retinal function with naturally occurring taurine and vitamin A from animal sources such as chicken and turkey liver.
“At Champion Petfoods, we strive to give pets the best opportunities to develop, and overall health begins with the food they eat,” said Billy Frey, Director of ORIJEN Cat. “We’re excited to introduce ORIJEN GUARDIAN 8, which contains fewer nutritional supplements than the top 20 brands, based on the latest national sales data.”
A recent study * by the ORIJEN pet food team found that nearly 9 out of 10 cat owners (89%) consider ingredient quality when buying food for their pets, while around 8 in 10 cat owners consider benefits / claims (83%) and ingredient transparency (80%).
Some behaviors of cat owners also changed after the pandemic. The same survey also found that two-thirds of cat owners say they are more attentive to their pet’s needs (70%) and food preferences (65%) than they did before the pandemic. Likewise, around three quarters of cat owners (76%) say they have a stronger bond with their pet now than they did before the pandemic.
ORIJEN GUARDIAN 8 is now available in a 4lb bag with an RRP of. available $ 26.99 USD and a 10 lb bag from an MSRP $ 55.99 USD at Amazon, Chewy, Petco, and other neighborhood pet dealers.
* Ketchum Analytics, in partnership with Ipsos, conducted a survey of 1,011 American pet owners (cat and dog) over the age of 18. The survey was carried out by June 21 – July 7, 2021 with a margin of error of +/- 3% at 95% confidence
About Champion Petfoods
Founded in a small town in Alberta, CanadaThe purpose of Champion Petfoods is to win the trust of pet lovers every day so that pets can thrive for a lifetime. At Champion we have been pioneers in the production of premium food for dogs and cats since 1985. We specialize in the production of foods that are biologically suitable to nourish the way nature intended. That means we start with the best WholePrey ingredients from fresh and raw animal sources. All of our ingredients have been selected from carefully selected suppliers that we know and trust. Our foods are made by passionate nutrition and health experts in world-class kitchens and as animal lovers we strive for the highest quality and food safety in every ORIJEN and ACANA product we make. Champion food is available to animal lovers in almost 100 countries around the world. To learn more, visit championpetfoods.com.
SOURCE Champion Petfoods