Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
It’s fr-yay! In this issue you will find some top news as well as some events for a successful start to the weekend. The highlights include New additions to the Washington County’s Mental Health Response Team, a Klepto cat and Bacon supporting local children.
The weather today:
Expect a high of 64 and look forward to about 1 “of rain over the next three days.
Here are the top five stories in Beaverton today:
- The Washington County Sheriff’s Office announces an extension of the Mental Health Response Team (MHRT). Previously, MHRT teammates only worked at WCSO and Sherwood Police Department. Now, The program includes officers from the Beaverton Police Department and other local law enforcement agencies. (@WCSOOregon)
- Are you missing a gardening glove? Beaverton resident Kate Felmet’s cat Esme can be responsible. Images of the cat’s growing collection stolen from nearby homes and a park have gone viral on social media. Felmet reports that Esme doesn’t seem ashamed at all. (COIN)
- A Beaverton Farmers Market Fixpunkt received awards at the Fiery Food Challenge in Irving, Texas, last week. Danielle Sauces’ Chiliyaki sauce won the Golden Chile (first place) in the Asian spices category and that of the company Extra hot habanero took first in the Hot Sauce / Habanero category. (Beaverton Farmers Market)
- The Washington District Attorney says that Ryan Javier Gonzalez, 36, was Sentenced to five years in prison on Wednesday. Gonzalez was convicted First degree sex corruption online and two cases where a minor was lured in after a stitch cited by the Beaverton Police Department. (FOX)
- The latest edition of Oregon Arts Watch recognizes Tualatin Valley Creates’ Arts & Leadership Incubator. The program helps artists in the region find artistic answers, business and leadership skills while connecting them to their community. (@tualatinvalleycreates)
Today in Beaverton:
- Livestream almost summer concert of the Beaverton Symphony Orchestra. (7 p.m. preliminary talk; 7.30 p.m. concert)
- Cuddle your little one for Virtual pajama storytime, hosted by Aloha Community Library. (10.30 a.m.)
- Get your favorite bacon (and steaks and sausages etc) and Support Rock Creek Elementary with a purchase of The Meating Place butcher shop. Half of the profits go to Rock Creek PTC. (9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
Beaverton Patch Notebook:
- What better? Celebrate the summer reading than with salt & Straws Rad Reader Series 2021? Flavors include Geronimo Stilton & The Frosted Frozen Feast, Smile: Words & Pictures inspired by Raina Telgemeier’s graphic novels, Goosebumps: Monster Blood is back and more. (Salt & straw)
- Looking for a job? WCCLS libraries Offer a new job builder pagethat combines job search, resume help and job interviews in one place. (@WCCLS)
That’s all for today. Don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com for any feedback or news and events on the Beaverton Daily Digest.
About Me: My name is Ashley DeMello and I have worked as a copywriter in the Beaverton area for the past eight years. If I’m not collecting information for this newsletter, I’ll probably be walking the Westside Trail very slowly.