Household cat dies in home fireplace brought on by stovetop


Click here for updates on this story

DALLAS, OR (KPTV) – Firefighters say a family cat died Saturday morning after a house fire in Dallas.

Just before 10 a.m., the neighbors on 288 Southwest Applegate Trail saw smoke, heard smoke alarms in the house, and called 911. Dallas Fire & EMS responded and immediately requested a second alarm upon their arrival, as a large column of smoke was coming from the house.

There was conflicting information about whether someone was in the house and firefighters quickly stepped in to start looking and were given information they didn’t have at home during their search. Firefighters then went to work to put the fire out and within minutes it was put down.

The crews discovered that a cat had died in the fire during a second search of the house

Firefighters say the cause of the fire was because a hob was accidentally turned on. The house suffered heavy smoke and fire damage.

Please note: this content is subject to a strict local market embargo. If you have the same market as the author of this article, then you are not allowed to use it on any platform.

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.