Experts and doctors keep telling us that regular exercise is good for our health, but according to a new survey, a lot of people just don’t listen.
A new poll of over 1,500 adults shows:
- 39.4% of people don’t exercise every week.
- 22.5% exercise once or twice a week.
- And only 7% exercise every day.
- Women are more likely than men to say that they never exercise (54.1% vs. 45.8%).
- Though women are more likely to say they exercise once or twice a week.
- The 35 to 54 year olds are more likely to say that they never exercise.
- And getting older doesn’t stop people from exercising.
- In fact, Americans 65 and over are less likely to say they never exercise.
- Only 36.8% of those over 65 say they never exercise, while 46.8% say they exercise at least three times a week.
- The 18- to 24-year-olds say they are 26% more likely to never do sports than the 65-year-olds and older.
- Mississippi is the least active state with 65.4% of people saying they ever did exercise, followed by Mississippi (56%).
- Minnesota is the most active state, with only 18.8% saying they never exercise, followed by California (26.8%).