MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) – There are several weekends in February when you can get your dog, cat, and ferret vaccinated against rabies at low cost in Mobile County.
These data are:
• Saturday February 6, 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm, City of Mobile Animal Shelter, 855 Owens
Street in Mobile
• Friday February 12, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Mobile County Animal Shelter, 7665 Howell’s
Ferry route in Mobile
• February 13 (Saturday), 10am to 12pm, Pet Supplies Plus, 803 Hillcrest Road, Mobile
• February 20 (Saturday), 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, St. Elmo Feed & Seed Store, 9001 Highway 90
• Saturday, February 27, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM, Dauphin Island City Hall, 1011 Bienville
The rabies vaccinations are valid for one year.
Every rabies clinic is being driven through due to COVID concerns. The cost of the rabies vaccine per pet is $ 12. All rabies shots are payable in cash.
Rabies is a virus that attacks the central nervous system. It is transmitted from infected mammals
to humans and is fatal as soon as symptoms appear. Symptoms of rabies include unusual behavior,
Irritability, headache, fever, inability to eat or drink, imbalance, circling, seizures, coma,
and finally death. All warm-blooded mammals, including humans, are susceptible to rabies.
You can find more information about the rabies clinics at mchd.org. Click on Services, find Disease Control and select Rabies Control.
A rabies quarantine fact sheet is available from the Alabama Department of Health at