Have a nice Saturday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
In this edition you will learn more about a cat café that works with a fire department, a dispute over personal information, a lawsuit against a major theme park in Orlando, and more. Now let’s start.
First the weather today: Rain starts in the afternoon. High: 90 Low: 75.
Here are the top stories from today in Orlando:
1. Orlando cat cafe in the Clermont donated oxygen masks for pets Lake County Fire Department in recent years, so that their trucks are equipped in an emergency. They use the masks on around two to three pets a year to save the lives of cats and dogs left behind in fires. (WMFE)
2. Daytona Beach Police Chief Jakari Young ripped off US Representative Mike Waltz for sharing an update on the condition of a DBPD officer who was shot in the head last month and claimed he had no right to share this information. (Orlando weekly)
3. Two families are Lawsuit against Universal Orlando after incidents in which an actor who played the character Gru from “Despicable Me”, a racist hand gesture while posing for photos and Video with multiracial children. (Click on Orlando)
4. Start July 12 and for a month, will host a variety of neighborhood centers in the Orlando area, including the Engelwood Neighborhood Center COVID-19 vaccines in one-day mobile locations how they’re trying to ramp up vaccinations. It is a partnership between the Florida Department of Health in Orange County and the City of Orlando. (Spectrum News 13)
5. A. School bus driver in Brevard County is accused Giving a high school student a book he wrote about child rapesays the sheriff’s office. The book the book contained graphic details about several rape incidents, including a 3-year-old girl who was raped. (WFTV)
Today in Orlando:
- Cool summer morning triathlon & 5K Series # 2 – Toga party. (7:00 AM)
- Maitland Community Cleanup Days. Volunteers are required to collect rubbish from the areas around the park.(8:00 AM)
- Sunday in the sod depot. Open house event for residents to explore and learn the best ways to maintain their garden. (8:00 a.m.)
- SAT / ACT preparation. (9:00 AM)
- Online SAT / ACT course. (9:00 AM)
- Lake Mary farmers market. (9:00 AM)
- Asia Trend Japanese Taiko drum lessons in the Sunbelt Center. (10:00 A.M)
- Sweating on Saturday in Boxi Park. (10:00 A.M)
- Bodyguard the musical in the garden theater. (14:00 clock)
- Tiki summer launch party at the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando. (6 p.m.)
- Orlando Predators vs. Jersey Flight. (19.00)
Orlando Patch Notebook:
- Orlando City SC: “I’m looking forward to another day away against Toronto” (Instagram)
- Orlando Food & Travel Guide: “Congratulations to our own @bytiffanynguyen from @tastychomps for being included in @edibleorlandos …” (Instagram)
- Orlando weekly: “Are you burger week ambassador material? When the only thing you love more than burgers is killing yourself all …” (Instagram)
- Universal Orlando Resort: “Who is still ready for September after yesterday’s announcement? (: @daniellesdisneydaily) “(Instagram)
- Conservation in Florida: “When you talk about farm animals, many of us think of cows, pigs, sheep, chickens and goats. Domesticated animals …” (Instagram)
- Orange County, Florida: “Sustainability tip of the week: During the hurricane preparation, instead of buying boxes with plastic water bottles, fill with …” (Instagram)
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts: “July 23-25, college actors perform our summer production of Stephen Sondheim’s” A Funny Thing Happened on the Wa … “(Facebook).
- Universal Orlando Resort: “Ok, the moment of truth. How many times have you ridden? (: @Jurassic_yearbook)” (Instagram)
- Visit Orlando: “This is your sign to book this vacation.” (Instagram)
- Orlando weekly: “#Halloween Horror Nights has just unveiled one of their homes for this year’s event. The meeting point will revolve around the …” (Instagram).
- Orlando Police: “OFFICER OF THE MONTH: Officer Isaac Casado serves and protects the east side of Orlando. In the last two months alone …” (Facebook)
Okay, you’ve caught up with everyone for today! See you tomorrow for another update. If you like these newsletters, be sure to bring some friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats food blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with blogs and articles on food.
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Orlando Daily? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.