Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Based on Prince Edward Island, off the east coast of Canada, the aquaculture innovation and research company is offering a full-time position reporting to the clinical director and providing quality contract research and development support and professional services to the global aquaculture industry.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of conducting aquatic clinical studies, be of excellent quality and have knowledge of good laboratory practice and good requirements and operations related to clinical practice.
In addition, the candidate should be customer focused, have an experienced communicator and have excellent writing skills. You need to be independent, creative thinkers who can perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
According to CAT, “This is an exciting opportunity to have a huge impact on a key growth area of our business, serving both internal needs and an external customer base. We are looking for a pragmatic team player who has a proven track record of success, is not afraid to get his hands dirty and is ambitious to live up to our own ambitions. ”
- To act as principal investigator / principal investigator for clinical in vivo studies and research studies.
- Adhering to the principles of good laboratory practice and good clinical practice.
- Drafting protocols and reports.
- Preparation of applications for admission to support the implementation of the study.
- Analyze data and prepare study reports.
- Design and guarantee the scientific integrity of experiments.
- Care and maintenance of laboratory animals, including housing and animal welfare controls.
- Development and revision of standard operating instructions.
- Complete all projects promptly with a high level of quality and excellence.
Desired skills / experience / competencies
- A university degree in a subject such as aquaculture, animal biology, microbiology, parasitology, virology, biochemistry, immunology, or cell biology / physiology. A Masters or PhD is seen as an asset, but is not required.
- Experience in virology and / or bacteriology is an asset.
- Experience of working in a laboratory, including responsibility for documenting tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in accordance with the facility’s standard operating procedures.
- Research experience in a tightly controlled regulatory environment is seen as an asset.
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform routine tasks.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks.
- Be self-motivated with a proven ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Be able to foster a positive work environment that is in line with company values and philosophy.
- Commitment and passion for CAT’s main goal: helping aquaculture to feed the world, support the environment and preserve the planet.
- CAT offers a competitive salary and benefit package that matches the experience.
- Submission deadline: May 31, 2021 or until the position is filled.
- Please send your résumé and include the contact information for three references to: email@example.com with the subject “GxP Study Director: Fish Health – Victoria (PE)”.
- Only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.