Hello Marietta! Let’s get started this Thursday, August 19th. These are the most important things that happen in Marietta today.
First, what the next three weather days will look like:
- Thursday: Possible light rain overnight. High of 83, low of 68.
- Friday: Humid and partly cloudy all day. High of 85, low of 67.
- Saturday: Cloudy all day. High of 89, low of 64.
Cheapest gasoline in town:
- Speedway on Seventh Street, $ 2.97.
- Kroger on Acme Street, $ 2.97.
- GetGo on Pike Street, $ 2.97.
- Speedway on Second Street, $ 2.97.
- Marathon on Pike Street, $ 2.97.
For a full list click here.
The average gasoline price in Ohio today is $ 2.99
Here are the top stories in Marietta today:
- An international animal welfare organization is dealing with a local animal abuse case. They say they are disgusted that a man accused of torturing and killing a cat in Marietta is likely to be able to plead a misdemeanor. (Marietta patch)
- The trial of a Marietta woman caught at a middle school football game has been postponed. This story went viral because the whole ordeal started because she refused to wear a mask. The trial of Alecia Kitts is now scheduled for September 28th. (WTAP)
- The Memorial Health System finally released more information about the cyber attack. CEO Scott Cantley’s explanation of the details was extremely sparse, but he said they had negotiated a solution to bring the IT systems back up. (MHSystem)
- WCSO Warrant of the Week is Tyler Edward Goodwin. Goodwin was initially arrested for drug possession. He is now wanted for theft and a violation of probation requirements. Anyone who spots him should call 911. (WCSO)
- Marietta College ranked fourth in the OAC’s preseason poll. (Marietta College)
Send flowers to someone close to your heart today. Our FTD partners are making this easier by offering Marietta Daily readers a 15 percent discount on orders placed through this link: Click here to make someone feel great.
From our local sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
- Advantage Real Estate, great people over there, if your looking for a house in town give them a call first.
- Volksbank. Work together. Success in building.
- And KMA car. In the market for a car or a golf cart?
Today in Marietta
- Steve Hussey Band to perform for Artsbridge Summer Music in the Park (7:00 p.m.)
- Music in the park (7:00 p.m.)
- Third Thursday Lecture: Bertlyn Bosley – A Pioneer of the 20th Century by Terri Marlow (7:00 p.m.)
Marietta Patch Notebook
- Visit Marietta Ohio: “Amazing photo of the Queen of the Mississippi by Bruce Wunderlich! Don’t forget she’ll be back in town this Saturday at 9:30 am” (Facebook)
- Memorial health system: “The management of Memory Health System has released a new statement regarding the recent cyber attack. Visit mhsystem.org/cyberattack to read the full details.
- Marietta College: “After moving in, enrolling and taking a ride on the Valley Gem Sternwheeler, class 2025 is running – and that was only the first day!” (Facebook)
- Marietta College: “Pioneers were voted fourth in the OAC Preseason Football Poll #PioNation #BringForthAPioneer # d3football # d3fb” (Facebook)
- Washington County Sheriff’s Office – Marietta, Ohio: “18th August 6 – September 6 – National Disability Driving Enforcement Washington County, Ohio – Many Americans consider Labor Day holiday weekend to be the unofficial end of daylight saving time. No matter how you want to celebrate the end of the season … “(Facebook)
- Washington County Public Library: “Here’s the Bookmobile timetable for tomorrow, August 19th! A * means a private facility stop.” (Facebook)
- Health Department Marietta / Belpre: Joint Statement by Public Health Experts and HHS Healthcare Professionals on COVID-19 Booster Syringes For the full report, please read the document at the link provided. https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/08/18/ joint-declaration-hhs-public-health-and “(Facebook)
This is where you can showcase your local business for just $ 79 per month. Click here to get started.
You’re officially up to date for today! See you tomorrow for another update. If you like these newsletters, be sure to invite some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Christopher Schmitt
About me: Hello, I’m the community publisher for Patch.com/marietta. I’ve lived in Marietta for most of my life. I graduated from Ohio University’s EW Scripps School of Journalism in 2014. I wrote for a community newspaper before moving to New York to work as the national correspondent for IHeartRadio. I look forward to taking my experience home and offering Marietta the excellent journalism she deserves. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 740-516-4969.
Do you have a tip for the news or a suggestion for an upcoming Marietta Daily? You can reach me at email@example.com.