There was a slight change in the required CAO points for various agricultural courses in 2021.
The Central Application Office (CAO) announced on Tuesday, 7.
These offers consist of 49,358 course offers at level 8 and 32,817 course offers at level 7/6.
24,758 (50%) level 8 offers relate to the applicant’s first preference course and 39,063 (79%) level 8 offers relate to one of the three most important preferences.
29,365 (89%) level 7/6 offers relate to the applicant’s first preference course, and 32,314 (98%) level 7/6 offers relate to one of the three most important preferences.
CAO points 2021: Agricultural and veterinary courses
We have compiled a list of the requirements for the CAO points for various Level 6/7 and 8 programs.
University College Dublin (UCD):
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine: 601 (589 in 2020);
- Animal Nursing: 521 (478 in 2020);
- Agricultural Sciences (options): 454 (456 in 2020);
- Food Science: 531 (477 in 2020);
- Human nutrition: 566 (531 in 2020).
- Sustainable agriculture and farming: 270 (269 in 2020).
- Agro-Life Sciences: 368 (397 in 2020);
University College Cork (UCC):
- Agricultural Sciences: 506 (496 in 2020);
Dundalk Institute of Technology:
- Agriculture (surcharge options): 342 (310 in 2020);
- Sustainable agriculture: 348.
- Rural Enterprises and Agriculture: 291 (281 in 2020)
- Agricultural engineering: 304 (309 in 2020)
- Agriculture and environmental management: 340 (287 in 2020)
- Agricultural Sciences – 485 (new)
Letterkenny Institute of Technology:
- Agriculture – common entry: 308 (307 in 2020).
University of Limerick:
- Equine Science: 367 (339 in 2020);
- Natural Sciences with Teacher ED (Biology with Physics / Chemistry / Economics): 521 (507 in 2020).
- Agricultural engineering: 301 (300 in 2020);
- Agricultural Sciences: 307 (308 in 2020);
- Veterinary life sciences: 317 (208 in 2020).
- Agricultural Sciences: 377 (as in 2020)
Level 7 courses:
- Veterinary Nursing: 412 (400 in 2020);
- Sustainable agriculture and farming: 236 (266 in 2020)
- Veterinary Nursing: 451 (399 in 2020)
- Rural Enterprises and Agriculture: 278 (277 in 2020)
- Agricultural engineering: 290 (298 in 2020);
- Agriculture and environmental management: 281 (281 in 2020)
- Veterinary Nursing: 389 (365 in 2020)
University of Limerick:
- Equine Science: 351 (337 in 2020).
- Agricultural engineering: 220 (243 in 2020)
- Animal Life Sciences: 234 (251 in 2020).
- Agriculture: 328 (327 in 2020).
- What to do if you don’t get direct entry points – read this article
- Is the Green Cert all I need? Read this article.
It is possible for applicants to receive two offers at the same time: one from the level 8 list and one from the level 7/6 list.
Applicants must accept the offers by 3:00 p.m. on Monday, September 13, 2021.
Eileen Keleghan, CAO communications officer, asks applicants to carefully examine all offers received in this round.
She said, “One of the most common inquiries we receive during the quote phase is in order of preference.”
“Applicants who receive a lower preferential offer can accept this offer. It will not prevent them from receiving an offer for a course higher on their course list in a later round if a place becomes available and they are considered eligible. “
“Those who received an offer this round should also carefully consider the current offer as it may be the only one they will receive.”
In addition, if an applicant has not received an offer, he or she will receive an email with the application.
Round two offers and free places
The offers for the second round can be viewed on the CAO website on September 20 from 10 a.m. The reply date by which the offers of the second round must be accepted is September 22nd at 3:00 p.m. Offers are then published weekly to fill any vacancies.
Applicants who do not receive an offer can check the “Places Available” facility, which will reopen on Wednesday, September 8th at 12 noon on the CAO website.
This option is also available to new applicants after completing an online application form and paying a fee of 45 €.
Agricultural and veterinary medicine students and graduates
Read our Student Focus and Career Focus series to hear from graduates of the above programs.
We’d like to hear from students from ag, veterinary medicine and veterinary care. Email – email@example.com