Boone County firefighters rescue dog from structure fire on Brown School Road | Local

Ad Blocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

A dog was rescued after a residential structure fire Saturday on Brown School Road.

After extinguishing the fire, the Boone County first responder located a large dog and rescued him from the structure, according to a Facebook post from the Boone County Fire Protection District.

The dog was taken to a local veterinarian for evaluation out of caution. On Monday, the dog was home and in fine condition.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen area. However, the entire home suffered heavy smoke damage throughout, the district said. The fire was ruled accidentally with wiring being the probable cause. Damage estimates were placed at $70,000.

Three engines, two tankers, one squad and 20 firefighters responded to the fire, as well as one ambulance from MU Health Care Emergency Medical Services.