Have a nice Thursday, Marietta! Here is everything you need to know in the city today.
First the next three weather days:
- Thursday: Clear all day. High of 75, low of 47.
- Friday: Mostly sunny during the day. High of 76, low of 51.
- Saturday: Partly cloudy in the evening, isolated showers. High of 79, low of 61.
Cheapest gasoline in town:
- Speedway on Seventh Street, $ 2.98
- Go Mart on Pike Street, $ 2.98
- Speedway on 2nd Street, $ 2.98
- Speedway on Muskingum Drive, $ 2.98
- Marathon on Muskingum Drive, $ 2.98
For a full list click here.
The average gasoline price in Ohio today is $ 2.98
Here are the top stories in Marietta today:
- Belpre High School headmaster Sam Pepper is acquitted in an alleged argument. He was accused of beating a child in a dance. But witnesses overwhelmingly exonerated him from such an action. (WTAP)
- Defense of Animals posted a statement expressing deep disappointment over a mild conviction of the Marietta cat killer Eric Rollins. (Marietta patch)
- Ashley Marie Holdren is Washington County Warrant of the Week this week. She is wanted for fake and no-show. (WCSO)
- The Peoples Bank Theater is reopened with a number of important improvements. Their first concert back will be the Marshall Tucker Band on Friday.
- Dakota Vaughn is this month’s Student of the Month at Washington State Community College. (Marietta College)
today Marietta Daily will be brought to you from Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Do one Smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Visit Marietta Ohio: “Looking for weekend plans? How about a trip to the 45th annual Lowell Oktoberfest Lowell Ohio. Enjoy German food, live entertainment, a beer garden, kids’ games, flea and antique market, and more!” (Facebook)
- Memorial health system: “Today’s inpatient numbers are as follows: 72 positive for COVID-19 11 vaccinated 61 unvaccinated age range: 23 – 89 14 intensive care unit positive 13 unvaccinated 12 ventilated 11 unvaccinated age range on ventilators: 39 – 80 59 COVID-19 inpatient …” ( Facebook)
- Memorial health system: “As COVID-19 cases increase in our region, we would like to take a moment to thank each of our employees. Your hard work in looking after our community has not gone unnoticed! #WeAreMemorial #Together #Community #LiveMemorialWell # … “(Facebook)
- Marietta main street: “October First Friday: Falling for Marietta is just a few days away, and The Cozy Kitchen is having a fixed-price gala dinner for the first time when they attend a First Friday event! This Putnam Street restaurant serves delicious …” ( Facebook)
- Marietta main street: “American Flags and Poles is celebrating 25 years of serving our Marietta community this afternoon at 1pm with the Marietta Area Chamber of Commerce and First Friday: Falling for Marietta with Instore Cel …” (Facebook)
- Marietta College: “We can’t wait to see you in three weeks for Homecoming Weekend, October 21-24! Meet old friends, meet new friends and celebrate with us your favorite traditions like the all-alumni welcome, Greek reunion , Reunions and more! Register to … “(Facebook)
- Marietta Chamber of Commerce: “We had the honor of welcoming speaker Terri Marlow from The Castle – Marietta, Oh to our Professional Women’s Roundtable in September. Terri presented the inspiring life and accomplishments of Marietta’s own Bertlyn Bosley, a true pioneer whose e .. . “(Facebook)
- Marietta Country Club: “Day # 3 of our anniversary celebration! This photo was taken at a bachelorette party on May 18, 1907 at the Marietta Country Club. Bachelor parties were parties for men who are about to get married, this is our modern bachelorette party” (Facebook)
- Washington County Public Library: “Here’s Bookmobile’s schedule for tomorrow, September 30th! A * means a stop at a private facility.” (Facebook)
- Marietta City Schools – Marietta, Ohio: “Reading both in and out of school is important. By picking up a book for just 30 minutes a night, you can build a broad knowledge base that will support you in each of your courses and will greatly improve your test scores can. #mariettacitysc … “(Facebook)
- Washington County Public Library: “Sign up for our e-mail newsletter! Https://mailchi.mp/43191227247b/wcplib” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
Now you’re up to date and ready to walk out the door this Thursday! I’ll be in your inbox with a new update tomorrow morning. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing more friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Christopher Schmitt
About me: Hello, I’m the community publisher for Patch.com/marietta. I’ve lived in Marietta for most of my life. I graduated from Ohio University’s EW Scripps School of Journalism in 2014. I wrote for a community newspaper before moving to New York to work as the national correspondent for IHeartRadio. I look forward to taking my experience home and offering Marietta the excellent journalism she deserves. You can email me at email@example.com or call me at 740-516-4969.
Do you have a tip for the news or a suggestion for an upcoming Marietta Daily? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.