AVMA has released a new comprehensive report on cannabis in veterinary medicine.
The document provides veterinarians with a foundation of scientific and regulatory knowledge from leading veterinary experts.
The report includes the following:
- An introduction to the endogenous endocannabinoid system.
- A summary of the manufacturing quality.
- An overview of clinical animal studies investigating efficacy and safety.
- Information on possible side effects, including exposure and toxicosis data from poison control centers.
- A description of the current regulatory landscape.
The “Cannabis in Veterinary Medicine” report is available to AVMA members and is one of several AVMA cannabis resources published under “Cannabis Use and Pets”.
For those who may still have questions or comments about cannabis after reading the resources, they can send an email cannabisavma [dot] org.