A dog consumed loads of toxic chocolate coins and underwent surgery, becoming a Christmas miracle

One lucky dog ​​in the UK experienced a true Christmas miracle after eating several chocolate coins and receiving life-saving surgery just in time.

A Stafford bull terrier named Hugo consumed six packets of Christmas chocolate coins and was rushed to a veterinary clinic, where veterinarians had to decide whether he should have an operation before Christmas. according to the BBC.

Hugo’s owner Amie told the BBC that they had temporarily left their home and came home to find torn pieces of foil all over the floor with no chocolate in sight.

“Hugo seemed fine at first, but I felt sick with worry when he started vomiting blood. Then he had a terrible fit, so I called PDSA right away, “Amie said.

America is changing faster than ever! Add Changing America to yours. added Facebook or Twitter Feed to stay updated.

A nurse for the People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals, known as the PDSA, said Hugo was very lucky to be admitted because the animal could have died if it had not been treated on time.

“Fortunately, while he’s not quite out of the woods, Hugo is now home in strict rest and on the road to recovery,” Donna Southwould, a PDSA veterinarian nurse, told the BBC.

Chocolate is known to be toxic to dogs, and the Animal Health Foundation says the ingredient theobromine is the culprit. Any dose of theobromine above 45 mg / kg is considered to be potentially toxic and potentially fatal to dogs. Milk chocolate contains between 44-65 mg of theobromine per ounce. However, a dog’s weight and the type of chocolate consumed can determine the toxic dose.

Some of the more serious reactions that can occur in dogs who consume chocolate include severe stomach and intestinal discomfort, pancreatitis, diarrhea, vomiting, and more.

READ MORE STORIES FROM THE CHANGING AMERICA

TRUMP admits that he suddenly found it ‘very hard’ to beat Biden after surprising comments on the vaccine

TRUMP SURPRISED AND ‘VERY VALUABLE’ ABOUT BIDEN’S PRAISE

RESEARCHERS CAPTURE IMAGES OF RARE DEEP-SEA FISH WITH PERMEABLE HEAD

FAMOUS SCIENTIST JANE GOODALL WARNING ABOUT COZY CHRISTMAS PRESENTS

OMICRON SPREADS “TRULY unprecedented,” says FAUCI