Have a good Monday, Port Jefferson! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in town today.
First the weather today:
Mostly sunny and windy. High: 60, Low: 49.
Here are the top stories in Port Jefferson today:
- Port Jeff’s Guide to Decorated Halloween Homes: Some of this month’s traditions for searching for the best Halloween-themed homes! Pack the car with kids or adults, finding the best spots is always a fun outing and the Long Islanders are sure to be creative when it comes to making their homes scary and fun! So if you are on the “hunt” for a good show, take a look at the Decorated Houses Guide and plan your fun ride! (Macaroni child)
- Mustang Show in Port Jeff: The American automobiles made by Ford come to Port Jeff as a show on October 24th from 9am to 3pm. The Mustang has been in continuous production since 1964 and is currently the longest-running Ford car plate. (by Jeff Chamber of Commerce)
- News nearby: Suffolk SPCA: cat shot, pellets stuck in spine; $ 4,000 reward offered. According to the SPCA, the cat named Abraham was “found injured near Southfields Road and West Lane” in Aquebogue. It was later discovered that Abraham was shot and a bullet was lodged in his spine. The cat is currently being cared for by Strong Island Rescue. “New York State laws that involve deliberately harming an animal are a crime and can result in imprisonment or a fine,” according to the SPCA. It prompts anyone with information to call 631-382-7722. (News 12 Bronx)
today Port Jefferson Daily will be brought to you from Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Do one Smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Port Jefferson:
- MS / HS SPIRIT WEEK – Port Jefferson School District. (All day)
- Fire Truck Party – Comsewogue Public Library. (10 am)
- Night story / craft of the little owl. (11 clock)
- Fire Truck Fun-Comsewogue Public Library. (17:30)
- Munchkin Madness – Port Jefferson Free Library. (6:30 p.m.)
- Slime Time: Halloween Edition – Free Port Jefferson Library. (19 o’clock)
Port Jefferson Patch Notebook
- Port Jefferson, NY: “Thank you EVERYONE for buying your tickets to our famous #chowdercrawl at our Thanksgiving Day on October 23rd. WE ARE SOLD OUT! When you’ve enjoyed all of the tastings, don’t forget to vote for your favorite!” (Facebook)
- Free Port Jefferson Library: “GREAT GIVE BACK: We are proud to be part of the Great Give Back 2021. Stop by today and all month to donate your canned groceries! The trash can is in the main building on the left as you enter.” (Facebook)
- Greek School PTO of the Assumption: “It is important to use different sources to immerse our students in the Greek language. You can use these short stories / audiobooks in the car or while sitting for a snack.” (Facebook)
- Port Jeff Lions Club: “Each Christmas season, the Port Jefferson Lions Club buys thousands of dollars worth of groceries, packages it for each family, and delivers it direct to the home of those in need in our community.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
You are all caught up for today. See you tomorrow morning with a new update in your inbox! If you like these newsletters, invite some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Debora Whitehead
About me: Debora Whitehead is a dedicated wife and homeschooling mom from Coram, NY. She has a bachelor’s degree in education and loves teaching and writing. Her passion for the community is reflected in her volunteer work in the Mariposa Ministry, a non-profit family support program. One of her strongest beliefs is Jesus Christ and when she is not a parent, teaching or reading, her favorite quotes are “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
Do you have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? You can contact me at PortJefferson@Patch.com.