Happy Monday folks from Smithtown! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in Smithtown today.
First today’s weather:
rain rolls off. High: 35, Low: 27.
Rent this space:
Are you a local business owner or marketer in smithtown? We want to connect local businesses with our amazing readers. Click here to learn more.
Here are today’s top stories in Smithtown:
- Volunteers wanted for temporary homes for future guide and assistance dogs. The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs are in urgent need of temporary volunteer housing in Long Island and the New York Tri-State Area. Temporary homes offer a puppy/adult dog a safe and friendly home with a loving environment in which a puppy learns or an adult dog maintains housebreaking, obedience, excellent house manners and socialization. Foundation puppies and dogs in training can be found Here. (TBRNewsMedia.com)
- Best mask to wear against Covid-19: If you were wondering what mask to wear to avoid transmission of the Omicron variant of the Covid-19 virus, the N-95 are the preferred choice and they come in a variety of sizes. More importantly, it’s all in the fit. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said N-95 masks offer far better protection than the fabric when worn correctly. (http://www.huntingtonnow.com)
- Suffolk Police say James Coogan, 63, from Commack, was traveling northbound on the Harned Road on a motorbike when his bike crashed at around 7:20pm. Coogan was pronounced dead at the scene. (smithtownmatters.com)
- 3 new restaurants on Long Island and one of them in St. James! When in Spain, eat tapas, small hearty Spanish dishes! Iberico Tapas y Vino is a unique experience of tapas and Spain at 412 N. Country Rd., St. James. ibericony.com. (Long Island Press)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Smithtown Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
From my notebook:
- Joseph from Nextdoor Community Team, Nextdoor New York: “Blood donations are urgently needed. Neighbors, American Red Cross faces national blood crisis; it is the worst blood shortage in over a decade, posing a worrying risk to patient care.” (next door)
- Neighbor next door, Parnell: “Just wanted to let people know that I’m available for house and/or dog sitting or daily walks. I’ve had dogs all my life and I have a natural affinity for them. I love nature and I don’t mind taking them for a walk, whatever the weather.” (next door)
- Next Door Neighbor, Smithtown Pines: “I am looking for a good GP in Smithtown, can anyone recommend one? I also need an infectious disease doctor. Thank you in advance.” (next door)
- Neighbor Next Door, The Landing: “Cleaner. I’ve been using Jen Delisi every other week for 30 years. I’m satisfied with her service. Her cell phone number is 631-495-3958.” (Next door)
- Neighbor, North Side Mt Pleasant: “I want to sell a 1st generation Peloton bike. – $650. Available in Smithtown.” (Next door)
- Kevin Flatley, Neighbor: “I graduated from Smithtown East in 1980. (patch)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- FREE WEBINAR |”Romanesque Architecture in Tuscany.” Presented by Dr. Rocky Ruggiero. online event. (January 18)
- The Calm in Every Storm with Terri Pace, Certified Holistic Health Coach. Located at 176 2nd St, St James. (January 20)
- Add your event.
Love the Smithtown Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Diana Witek
About me: Passionate writer, website designer, social media marketer and newly hired baker. Lovers of nature and animals of all kinds.