Have a nice Wednesday Shirley-Mastic folks! Let’s keep you all updated on what’s happening on the ground to start with an informed note today.
First the weather today:
Not so cold. High: 41, Low: 27.
Here are the top 4 stories in Shirley-Mastic today:
- News nearby: A missing dog from Blue Point was found after exposure to freezing temperatures for five days. Alex, is a 14 year old dog. He was reported missing last week after slipping through a fence at his Arthur Avenue home. (Greater Long Island)
- Restaurant reservations in New York are down 38%. The second wave of COVID-19 cases is starting to harm the hospitality industry again. Investopedia’s Caleb Silver said the Open Table app showed a sharp drop in restaurant reservations in New York City. (News12)
- The MMS Library invites you to a creative writing workshop on January 13th at 2pm Show your creativity in this unique and popular creative writing workshop. Instructor Anne Kelly-Edmunds will guide students through the writing process in a supportive environment. For more events in Shirley-Mastic Area Events click the link. (Shirley Mastic Patch)
- Search work? Take a look at what jobs are available in the region. Click on a job title for more information or to apply. (Shirley Mastic Patch)
Today’s Shirley-Mastic Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your recipes. GoodRx helps you find the lowest drug prices in local pharmacies so you don’t overpay. Also works for veterinary drugs! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Suffolk County Girl Scouts: “The Power of the Girl Scout Cookie Program! Thanks to Newsday for posting this amazing article (LINK IN OUR BIO) of our Cookie Program and how it helps girls develop their business skills!” (Instagram)
- Suffolk County Girl Scouts: “Join experienced Girl Scouts across New York State, including our own in Suffolk County, for a virtual and interactive global learning platform! Learn more about the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (W … “(Instagram)
- Nearest neighbor, South Shirley: “Looking for a shelter to give them like new toys … – any suggestions? Thanks!” (Next door)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Dr. MLK from AAECF Dream exhibition in the Riverhead Library. (15. January)
- Community Outreach Health Bus in the MMS library. (January 20th)
- Add your event
Do you love the Shirley-Mastic Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
That’s it for today! See you tomorrow for your next update.
– Debora Whitehead