Happy Friday people of Franklin! Let’s get this day started off right. Here’s everything worth knowing today in Franklin.
First, today’s weather:
Rather cloudy. High: 81 Low: 62.
Are you a local business owner or marketer? We can help you effortlessly run effective ads that reach customers in Franklin. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top 3 stories today in Franklin:
- The complete lineup of food trucks for the annual Eat the Street Festival has been announced. This year’s event will feature a total of 32 food vendors, including Tennessee Cobbler Co., The Mac Shack, Bradley’s Creamery, and more. stop by on May 6 from 5:00-10:00 pm to get a taste.(Williamson Source)
- A local family has made volunteering at the Franklin Rodeo a family tradition. 19-year-old Catherine Ligon says she has been helping her father John direct parking traffic at the event for nearly a decade. This year’s Franklin Rodeo will be held May 19-21 at the Williamson County AgEXPO Park, with performances beginning at 7:00 pm each night. (williamsonherald.com)
- Three veterinarians from Williamson County were named members of the Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association’s 2022-23 Power of Ten Leadership Program class. The program is designed for young veterinarians who have been in practice for ten years or less. Two of the three doctors, Dr. Hannah Lanter and Dr. Allison Peeler, represent veterinary clinics here in Franklin. (Williamson Herald)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. Getting some spring cleaning tasks done? Why not refresh your home’s security, too. Secure windows, doors, and more with up to $80 off on select Alarm Pro Kits. Don’t wait, offers end 5/1 at 9 pm PST.
- Lizzo is heading to nearby Nashville on a new national tour this fall. Tickets for the event at Bridgestone Arena go on sale this Friday. (tntribune.com)
- The Williamson County Animal Shelter shared a reminder not to remove baby kittens found hiding in porches, bushes, crawl spaces, and sheds. Learn more about safely rescuing and rehoming kittens on the shelter website! (Facebook)
- The City of Franklin Parks Department and the Franklin Tree Commission invite residents to celebrate Arbor Day tomorrow at Pinkerton Park. Stop by between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm for fun with kids’ activities, food trucks, local information, a climbing wall, and free tree saplings. (City of Franklin)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow morning with another update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Franklin Daily? Contact me at email@example.com