Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Good morning Orange County! Paula Constance here with the latest Orange County Daily, bringing you a summary of the the most important local stories, community news, and events in OC.
If you see a story of event you’d like to share with your neighbors and friends, we appreciate it. Orange County Patch and The Orange County Daily are committed to everything Orange County. Let’s go!
First, today’s weather:
Cloudy, cool and misty today. High: 64 Low: 54.
If you are reading this, so are your potential customers. Click here to learn how you can sponsor the Orange County Daily.
Here are the top stories in Orange County today:
- A salmonella warning has been issued across the nation for Dog Gone Dog Treats after an open bag and several unopened bags all tested positive for ssalmonella last week at the Massachusetts State Public Health Laboratory. the 3 reported cases of salmonella illness included two adults in their 70s and a child who handled the contaminated treats. Dogs can also get sick from the potentially deadly salmonella bacteria. The Department of Health has ordered all stores to remove all products from their shelves. People can spread illness to others through anything they touch after coming in contact with the bacteria. Those concerned that their dogs may have become ill after eating the treats should consult their veterinarians. The Massachusetts Department of Health is urging consumers who have any “Dog Gone Dog Treats” in their possession to dispose of them immediately. You can read the rest of the story here: (Dog Gone Dog)
- beach goers at Huntington Beach can now get real time data on beach hazards, like stingrays other riptides. Lifeguards will be able to enter real-time information into a new website called “Safe Beach Day” at safebeachday.com to let beachgoers know about any coastal hazards. It’s the first of its kind to take real-time data and make it available to the public. Huntington Beach Marine Safety Capt. Trevor McDonaldwho worked with Watch Tower Solutions to develop the website, said they were trying to get as much information about real-time beach dangers to the public “so they can be as safe as possible.” You can read more here: (OC Register)
- the River Street Marketplace with 35 retail shops and restaurants and a full-service breweryis coming to San Juan Capistrano’s historic downtown. Ground was broken this week for the development that officials hope will be operating by the spring of 2023. The stores and restaurants will open to an interior green space with native plants where the community can gather together. Dan Almquistmanaging partner at Frontier Real Estate Investments, who is developing the area of the former Ito Nursery, said that the project is going to be “better than we could have envisioned.” You can read more here: (OC Register)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Orange County Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Orange County:
- Winter Reading Challenge Online – Huntington Beach Public Library (All Day)
From my notebook:
- German Shepherd Rescue of Orange County: “We thought it was heartbreaking to see all the abandoned dogs in the shelters, but 6 year old Amit’s story takes the cake!” (Facebook)
- Girl Scouts of Orange County: “Today is Random Acts of Kindness Day!” (Facebook)
- Orange County Registry: “Los Alamitos is the latest community to become part of an automated, 24-hour surveillance network capable of tracking vehicles across Orange County, with the recent placement of license plate readers throughout the city.” (Facebook)
- The Orange County Observatory: “Happy Friday Orange County! We’ve got amazing news – 10 new shows are ON SALE TODAY!” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Babor/Oxygeneo Glow & Go Facial Event – Just $99. (Feb 22)
- Social Security Seminar Feb. 22 & Feb. 23. (Feb. 23)
- 41st Annual CARSplus Convention: Networking for Success and Best Practices. (Feb 25)
- The Most Romantic Evening In All of Orange County! (Feb 25)
- A Romantic Play, Wine and Chocolate! (Feb 25)
- Fall Youth Football Registration. (Feb 26)
- Learn How To Reduce Your Risk For Heart Disease During American Heart Month. (Feb 28)
- Add your event
If you love the Orange County Daily, here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re officially in the know for today! I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Paula Constance
About me: I am a freelance writer, author, and media producer. I am committed to media projects that empower, engage, and help make the world a better place. One of my favorite jobs? Working with Imagineering for The Walt Disney Company.