Hello everyone from Colorado Springs! Rachel Kelimnik here with today’s edition of the Colorado Springs Daily.
First the weather today:
Sunny to partly cloudy. High: 62 Low: 39.
Here are the top stories in Colorado Springs today:
- Kelly Hutchison is the owner of White Whiskers Aging Pet Care, a Colorado Springs-based mobile veterinary practice for older dogs and cats. She started the practice in May after 10 years as a primary care veterinarian; last she was with Westside Animal Hospitalwhere she became known as “the old canine vet”. By going to the animal’s house, she sees it where it feels most comfortable; Going to the vet can cause anxiety and the trip can be uncomfortable for arthritic pets. HutchisonPet Care’s approach is holistic; She is certified in dog rehabilitation therapy and veterinary acupuncture and is aiming for certification as a dog pain practitioner. (Colorado Springs Gazette)
- From October 19th, Venetucci farm upholds generations of generosity by giving pumpkins to kindergarten kids around the world Pikes Peak region. The annual event has been going on for 50 years, according to a press release from the farm, and even lasted during last year’s COVID-19 lockdown. This year the farm plans to celebrate the season with a hybrid model giveaway that includes school deliveries and invitations for the kids to come to the farm to pick a pumpkin. (KRDO)
- The five district commissioners unanimously passed a proclamation against people’s obligation to take the COVID-19 vaccine. (KRDO)
- No students were injured when three vehicles, including a school bus, crashed in the northeast Colorado springs Tuesday morning. (KKTV 11 news)
- Good beer and good stories are waiting for you on the “Horror and pintS.“Haunted Beer Tour with S.prings beer tours most Thursdays and Saturdays through Halloween. (FOX21News.com)
Today’s Colorado Springs Daily is is presented by Banner Health, a Patch Branding Partner. With the start of the flu season, here’s everything you need to know to keep yourself and your family safe.
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. Up soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Rachel Kelimnik
About me: Rachel is a born and raised New Yorker who recently moved to the mountains to the west. She is a freelance copywriter for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and supports Patch.com with the creation of community newsletters. In her spare time, Rachel can be found roller-skating, making pottery, drinking tea, and tending to her growing collection of houseplants.